How cookies and other similar technologies are used on our websites.
We do not use the cookies to track individual visitors or to identify them, but rather to get useful information on
the formalities of use of our websites so that to be able to keep on improving them for our users.
The personal data generated by cookies are collected through pseudonymization and you have the right to object to the processing of such data, as indicated below.
We use the cookies on this website in order to:
- Address you toward the sections pertinent of the website;
- Guarantee that the website has a consistent aspect in the different browsers and devices;
- Allow the operation of complex areas of the website and
- Keep track of anonymous and aggregated statistical data related to the visits to the website in order to improve the performance.
To such purpose, we could install cookie that collect data such as the user’s domain name, the internet service provider, the operating system and the date and the schedule of access.
In the following there are explained the general typologies of cookies that we use and their purposes.
Types of cookies and their purposes
- First-party cookies: cookies installed by the website that the user visits (the website visualized in the URL window)
- Session cookie: cookie that expires at the end of the browser session (they have been beginning in the moment in which the user opens the browser window and end when the user goes out of the browser).
- Persistent cookie: cookie that persist in the device after the end of the browser session and therefore allow you to store your preferences or user actions for your following visit to the website.
Most of web browsers allow to control most of the cookies through your browser settings. The user can set the browser to get a notification every time he receives a cookie; this will allow him to decide whether to accept it or not. However, if the user not accept a cookie, he may not be able to use all the functionalities of your browser software.
To know more about cookies, including how to view their settings and how to manage and remove them, please refer to the website http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
In this website we could use internet tag (also known as web-beacons, action tags, single-pixel GIF, transparent GIF, invisible GIF, and 1by1 GIF) and cookie and we could make through a partner of analytic services web having center and that memorize the respective information (including your IP address) in a foreign country.
This tags/cookie are situated on different pages of this website. We use this technology to measure the answer of the user to our sites (including how many times a page is opened and what information are consulted), as well as to evaluate the use of this Website.
Our third-party partners, hosting service providers and/or partners of web analytics service could collect data regarding your use of this Website under these Internet tags/anonymized cookies and they could compile reports for us regarding the activity of this website and to provide additional services related to the use of the Website and the internet. They could provide such information to other parties if this is required by law or if they use other parties that process the data on their behalf.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookie” (text files stored on your computer), that allow him to analyze the use made of the website. The information produced by the cookie regarding your use of this website is generally transmitted to and stored by a service of Google in the United States. If the IP anonymization procedure is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google in a UE Member State or in any other State that has undersigned the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the IP address complete will be transferred to a Google server in the United Stated and shortened there. If transferred by the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, in order to compile report on website activity for the operators and to provide further services associated to the use of the website and internet. The IP address transmitted in the Google Analytics model by your browser won’t be associated with other data by Google. You may block the installation of the cookies by properly setting your browser software; however, we would want to point out that in this case you may not be able to fully use all functions of this website.
http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/en.html or https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/. We would like to point out that on this website, Google Analytics has been extended with the code “anonymizelp” to guarantee the anonymous collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking)
Finally, we could also use the following typologies of common cookies:
- Cookies used to customize the user interface (i.e. cookies to store preferences);
- Authentication cookies (i.e. cookies that allows you to leave and return to our sites without having to repeat the authentication);
- Cookies used for audio/video content (i.e. cookie that store the data needed to play back an audio or review a video and your preferences again).